Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Photo of the Day #40:Gorgeous Gothenburg


I was in Gothenburg, Sweden, in July 2008 for yet another Chemistry conference. The weather was balmy and we had plenty of time to roam around the city in the evenings. Of course the rest of the serious scientist were interested in clubbing, or whatever, so I had at least some of the evenings for myself.

Even though Gothenburg is basically a coastal city, with the Göta river running past (or to some extent through) it, to my mind the most beautiful waterways were the canals inside the city.

I was fortunate the capture the Gothenburg Law Court and the Christinae church in the evening light, with a (aesthetically) perfect reflection of them in the canal. And it definitely wasn't the only successful photo of the trip...

No comments: