Friday, November 22, 2013

Photo of the Day #35: Autumn Leaves


Late autumn is always a tricky time for me as a photographer. The blazing colors have gone and all there is left are the fallen leaves of different shades of brown and yellow. And what light there is, it is during the working hours and gone before the day has ended and not up when the next working day starts.

So the only time to take photos are fleeting moments during weekend. One such moment was this mid October, when I went to the local kiosk to collect a parcel (very convenient). I had noticed that the clouds had parted and the sun was shining for a short instance, so I grabbed my camera along.

The light was pleasantly warm and slightly diffuse, but the sights weren't exactly majestic. I did like the contrast between the dark asphalt and the crisp dead leafs, so I made the best of a modest setting.

No comments: