Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Photo of the Day #33: Come Fly Away With Me


I'm fighting a urge not to post this photo, as I feel that the cropped wing ruined the shot. But on the other hand I can't because it so rare to have such a magnificent light for such a magnificent animal.

I was in Korkeasaari zoo again this July with my friends and their children. The bearded vultures had quite large space for them to walk and even fly. At first the birds were in the shade, with the intense summer sun shining behind them, ruining the contrast of the shots. Finally the big fellas started lumbering out of the shade and with deliberate slowness one of them took to flight. Unfortunately I still couldn't quite keep up with the bird, but I did manage this shot. Again it's not perfect, but I love the light.

No comments: