Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Photo of the Day #74: Tall Trees


Even though I take my fair share of panoramas, I'm seldom really happy with the results. It's quite demanding to fill an ultra long photo with truly interesting details, so one ends up just playing the "look at what I can do" trick.

On one sense this is an example of that, but not in the normal sense. My parents had rented a summer cottage in 2008 and while I was visiting them there, I was impressed by the tall pines right be the lake shore. The space was so cramped that I couldn't get the proper distance away from the trees to have them fully in the picture. So I decided to do something different and took a vertical panorama.

I do have to say that I am a bit bothered by the composition and the distortions at the edges, but the picture does look very unique this way.

No comments: