Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Photo of the Day #11: Ant & Aphids


I'm a great fan of macro photography, but for some reason I haven't taken too many pictures of bugs lately, probably because I'm too lazy to squat down on the ground peering at all manner of critters. Or its just that in Finland macro photography is only for summers and I've been (supposedly) too busy.

Anyhow this picture of an ant and a bunch of aphids was shot in July 2004, quite probably while squatting (I just love the word) in my parents' backyard. It's amazing how little interest bugs have of you. It's much easier to take a picture of an amazing insect or spider (if the light is right), than it is to shoot a magnificent mammal or graceful bird. The only thing you need is a camera with macro capabilities (an extension ring in this case).

No comments: