Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Jack-O'-Lantern and Conk Lamp


Besides my Photo of the Day -project, I also have some other newer photos, not necessarily belonging to "the best of" -category. The first one is a conk lamp, tuned by my wife, Milka and myself from a basic IKEA lamp. The shade was white, but I painted it magic mint and Milka glued a bunch of conks, which we had gathered on our long walks in the woods, to the stem. 
I'm not terribly happy with the photo, but I'll let it be for a while.


While I don't subscribe to the whole Halloween thing per se, there were a lot of pumpkins for sale in the local Lidl, so I bought one, made some delicious pumpkin muffins from the pulp and roasted the seeds and just by the sheer fact of not wanting to waste the shell, I tested how easy it is to carve a Jack-O'-Lantern.
I'm quite happy with the result, but I think next time I'll come up with something a bit more original -a bit less demonesque  ;)

No comments: